Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our (No) Labor Day

Labor Day weekend is always a bittersweet holiday weekend to me. It means fall is really here, though the 90 degree temperatures would disagree with me. But at least its really on its way. I love fall and summer. I'm always a little sad to see another season pass but love each of them for what each of them bring (love the cooler weather but have to put away my white-I know, but I just can't let go of the rule.) I don't know if I could really ever give any of them up. Anyway, we had a great family weekend. Monday was a (no) Labor day for us and we went to the zoo and had a picnic lunch on the grassy open area there. We then enjoyed a free chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-A while wearing our KSU and Illinois gear (it was a national promo yesterday in case you missed it.) So I didn't even cook dinner. Hayden was being stalked by the "Eat mor Chicken" cows because he was the only child in the eating area. He could barely get a Cheerio down without another cow coming over to attempt to get a smile or wave from him. But he did dig the cows. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. And though I don't know week from weekend, it was fun to have Dada there with us for a long weekend and Hayden is in Dada deprivation right now on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment