Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Travels and Reunions

Forgive the lack of posts in the last two weeks. Hayden and I, and Daddy for part of the time, have been traveling. We went back to Kansas for our 10 year high school reunion. I didn't really notice the years passing but when you have an anniversary to mark a significant amount of them having passed by, then you kind of realize that you are, in fact, getting older. I know, I know, stop complaining, I'm still in my twenties. Still, it was good to see friends that I hadn't seen in a long time.









We also got to visit grandparents and great-grandparents, my sister and her family, even some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Hayden got to swim in the same pool that his mommy swam in as a baby. My grandparents still live in the same house and put this pool in the summer I was born. I love it that he got to swim in it with his Aunt Katie and cousin Colton. I love having roots. I love that there are some things in life that are still there. Still constant. I miss having them there everyday. But I believe my living far away will ensure that I don't take a minute of them for granted. Hayden also got to experience animals that we don't have around in the everyday. He loves our dog Sadie (oh my you should have seen that reunion.) But he is an animal lover indeed. Grandpa introduced him to their horse George and to the cat Jezzie. Guess he got that love for animals from Grandpa. Grandma went the flora route and taught him about apples and pears in their orchard. I'll make some of his baby food with that after I get apples and pears when they pick this fall.
































Our next leg of travel was to Michigan to visit a long time friend, Kristi and her family. Her son is just a little bit older than Hayden and they were off to a great start in the car. Hayden got to visit the zoo in Grand Rapids and we also visited Lake Michigan which is more water than I've seen in a long time and more than Hayden has ever seen. We had such a great time and wish we could see them more often!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Glad you enjoyed yourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete