Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Blessings





We hope you all had a beautiful and blessed Easter celebrating the gift of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection. We certainly did. We had a lovely visitor, Derrick's sister, Michelle for the weekend. We relaxed and Hayden and his aunt did much bonding (I don't think I've gotten that much time off from diaper patrol ever.) There were some casualties and many Starburst Jellybeans lost their lives. I'm still crossing my fingers that my teeth recover. I even chewed the hard outside off the jelly bean and gave Hayden the bean innards, which he loved. I know it sounds crazy but my kid has turned down everything sweet and I was starting to think that his sweet tooth had a cavity. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't broken. Don't worry, it is labor intensive to remove the casing of a jellybean, so he only got four. However, we had to hide to eat jellybeans the rest of the weekend because he always wanted more. He even knew the sound of the jellybeans in the bowl after awhile. Anyway, we had a lovely weekend where we went to the zoo and church on Sunday and even had an Easter Egg hunt. Hayden enjoyed spiking the eggs, so good call on the plastic eggs. We'll hold off on the real ones for a little while longer. It was a little depressing to have rocks and cement walls as the dramatic backdrop for our first Easter egg hunt. Oh well, here's to hoping we'll have grass next year! God bless!














No comments:

Post a Comment