Monday, June 25, 2012

Father's Day Weekend 2012

On the Friday of Father's Day weekend we had a neighborhood fishing derby.  Hayden was technically the entry in the 3-5 year old category.  He brought home, with the help of Dad and some wriggly worms, three catfish, 9 inches each.  However the winner doubled our number exactly.  Guess next year we'll have the next hook baited and ready to go so there's no lag time.  I can't help but be competitive.  Anyway, one of the catches happened to be my foot, though I'm thankful it was mine and not someone else's.  Apparently we had a faulty reel on that fishing pole.  Ummhmmmm.  Anyway, I'm tetanus free as far as I know still.  Super cute pics of my kiddos though.  I guess that's the risk of being the photographer.

Three cuties in orange, ready to go!

How many tackle boxes do you need to win a fishing derby, more than two I guess.

This is what happens when you tell a 3 year old to smile.

Sittin' pretty


Our first catch

Dad teaching the art or reeling


Taking a quick walk

The cast....

And the catch...Ouch! 

Chasing our little friend at the award presentation


Here we make a visit to Bass Pro Shop after church on Father's Day.  The kids enjoy taking in the animals, in live or taxidermied form.   I had to dig Dad out of the aisles eventually.  Afterall, some people do actually have to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment