Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Patch & Cider Mill

I love, love, love fall.  I love the colors of everything from pumpkins and apples to the trees to the rosiness of cheeks when those first colder brisker days show up.  I love the smells and how all of the sudden I enjoy baking and eating again because the stifling heat of summer that dissipates any appetite has left.  Not so good for the pants, but that's a lost cause at this point anyway.  My pants haven't fit for a few months now.  Anyway, there is one of the top ten cider mills in the US of A just down the highway from us and they have a pumpkin patch to go with it for the month of October.  We recently had friends and visitors come and stay with us so we found this a great opportunity to check it out.  They make fresh cider and apple cider doughnuts in their country store there amongst many other tasty items.   We took the cold day to indulge in some hot apple cider and fresh warm doughnuts.  It my hands hadn't been so cold, I might have taken a few more pictures, not that I'm short for the post.  It was fun though and we'll be back in coming years.



Follow the white rabbit...

Not my best picture.  But I swear, I was wearing a lot of layers.

I believe discussing the art of picking a perfect pumpkin


How will I ever choose?


The apple washing process.  Extremely high tech.



Watching the cider bottling production line.

Watching the fresh apple cider doughnuts get made.

Tasting the bounty of the doughnut production line.

In the corn bin.




Getting ready for our hay-rack ride

So excited for our first hay-rack ride.

Hayden with new buddy Finley.

Checking out the hill slide

Had to pick a pumpkin from the field

Daddy and Clare on the way back after pumpkin picking.



1 comment: