Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summertime Fun!

So our little Hayden is 18 months now and we are a mere 3 months away from starting the baby journey again with our new little girl. If you're curious about whether or not we've picked a name, know that we still need to select countertop and lighting fixtures because they are scheduled to be installed before her debut and we seem to be running a JIT life right now.

So if you haven't heard, we Finally, Finally bought a house. It took us 4 1/2 years to bite the bullet. We were able to get a good deal on a fixer-upper in a nice neighborhood but are doing a big renovation on it. Now by we, I mean mostly Derrick, as I am limited in my painting abilities and handiwork abilities at that. So while he labors away, and gets away occasionally, Hayden and I have been playing in the sun enjoying our health. The usual swimming pool and zoo visits and even some tram rides and hiking trips have been part of our summer activities.

We have been keeping very busy, needless to say but Hayden often reminds us that we need not be all work and no play and reminds us to not be in adult-mode all the time despite our life-changing and uber-important decisions about cabinets and carpet we are always making. He keeps me on my toes these days and wears me down. I can't think of a time in my life where I've wanted so badly to go to bed the second I put him to be at 8 o'clock. The thought of staying up past 10pm makes a wave of exhaustion sweep over me.

He's a toddler boy for sure though. A lego-playing, turning everything into a car (from chicken nuggets, to books) with his little motor noise, to full fledged temper-tantrums which are interesting to watch develop, to mounting his horse-dog Sadie for a ride around the living room (if you think I'm kidding, I'm not, you should see it-bare back holding onto her fur.) Its fun because he totally knows how to melt mommy by puckering up (to his best ability) and giving me a kiss as soon as he knows he's broken the law.















1 comment:

  1. Aw! Those pictures are SO cute. Hayden is just such a sweetie pie and is looking like such a big boy.

    ReplyDelete