Monday, May 9, 2011

Clare at 7 months...and she's on the move




Our sweet baby Clare is 7 months today and creeping quickly toward that one year mark. I can't hardly believe it though I say that every month. She has grown more opinionated through the passing months. She is impatient especially when it comes to food. I can say with certainty at this point she loves Cheerios the most and the independence of feeding herself. She doesn't like to wait for someone else to do it. She cocks her head sweetly to the side when she is being silly. She is the noisiest in the morning and right after her bath before bed. She loves to scream, not out of anger, but just to feel and hear herself scream. Shes saying a lot of syllables like dadada, bababa, and mamama and occasionally something that sounds like a sentence that makes no sense at all. She's experimenting with language nonetheless. She loves loves loves her boys (that would be Daddy and Hayden.) She squeals in delight when she sees them or even hears their voices coming her way. And one day shy of 7 months she really got going on that crawling. She had been trying to and landing a crawl step occasionally for about the last week and a half. And yesterday she finally got the motion right. I would try and help her with the coordination of it much like I did with Hayden who would let me, but she would have none of that. She likes to do it herself. She follows Hayden as fast as she can now wherever he goes and wants to play with what he is playing with. Its a new experience for him too. That whole sharing thing with a sibling no less. It will be interesting trying to childproof with a toddler who is a whirling dervish of hazards for a newly crawling baby who is still very oral. I'm going to have my work cut out for me keeping a very close eye on both of them. I'm convinced she will be walking for a year because she will want to keep up with Hayden when he is outside no doubt. I at this point have to keep a tight hold on her as she tries to wiggle out of my arms at a park or somewhere he is running around. She is still our happy little girl and always a breath of fresh air. Seven months later we are so blessed to still call Clare ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment