Thursday, July 14, 2011

3/4 down! Clare at 9 Months



I can't believe I have to start thinking about a 1st birthday party for my baby girl. This year is going at lightning speed. She is a blast at this age. She is a great crawler as she has been doing this for a couple of months now. She cruises on furniture and walls and will walk and push anything she can get her hands on that slides (and by that I mean cereal boxes and even books.) She loves to feed herself and will eat pretty much anything. She's drinking from a sippy cup by herself. She'll give you a high five and clap her hands to "If you're happy and you know it." She is quick to let you know she does not agree with what you are asking her to do or in her brother's case taking a toy from her by letting out an ear piercing scream. Sometimes those screams are just for fun. Either way, I'm sure the neighbors think I'm killing her. She loves loves loves her brother and wants to do what he does. They have fun diving on his double bed into the pillows and stuffed animals together and he rocks at playing peek-a-boo with her. He can get her laughing harder than anybody. She actually is liking to draw and has taken to Hayden's etch-a-sketch and sidewalk chalk, though you may notice a chalky residue around her mouth in these pictures. She sticks EVERYTHING into her mouth. I can't take my eyes off of her for a minute. She listens though when I tell her not to. She still knows how to lay her head on your shoulder and cock it to the side to melt you. She is a master at throwing fits (thank you big brother for your demonstrations). She often points to things with her pointer finger and says "this." I would say it is a coincidence but she does it all the time, so we tell her the name of objects. She dances to music and loves to reach her little hand up and press the keys on the piano. She is bursting with personality and you can't help but love her to pieces. She still has deliciously chubby cheeks and legs even though she is low on the weight scale (high on height). Guess I serve highly nutritive skim milk here. She's looking more and more like her brother. Anyway, I can't wait to see what she does in the next month. The girl amazes me all the time! Below are some sweet pictures of them playing together that shows a little of their sweet little relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment