Thursday, July 14, 2011

3!0!


I had a great 30th birthday! So admittedly there was more in the build up of it than the actual day proved to be (as I was dreading this change of decade), but it did get me goal setting for the next decade. There is much you can accomplish in a decade or not so I decided to pen my own personal goals. They are the following:

1. Make bookshelves for my house from scratch
2. Read enough books to fill them
3. Memorize one book of the Bible
4. Travel to Europe (for the 3rd time)
5. Travel to a new continent (Australia or South America most likely)
6. Learn how to take more artistic pictures (through a class and practice of course)
7. Use them to decorate my walls
8. Maintain my health and physical fitness (specifically measured by by body weight at BMI)
9. Publish a book (most likely an food allergy cookbook unless I am inspired otherwise)
10. Learn to change the oil in my car

That is it for now, but I will add to it if I am just blowing through the list :).


As for the celebrations, Derrick treated me to my favorite Einsteins Bros. bagel for breakfast, followed by an hour long Swedish massage while he watched the kids. He booked a babysitter and took me out for dinner to a lovely restaurant and even arranged for them to bring out a plate of chocolate truffles with a candle to blow out. It was a great and relaxing day. The next day we celebrated with many friends, though I wish there could have been more family there, I am so blessed to have so many to celebrate with me here. It was a fun little pool party with food and family fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment