Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hayden's First Visit to Kansas











This past week, Hayden took his first ride on an airplane (smooth for the most part and boy do I appreciate all the help you get traveling with a baby by the airline employees) and went back to Kansas for the first time. He got to meet a lot of of the family including 3 sets of great-grandparents, great aunts and uncles, his aunt and uncle and new baby cousin Colton. He also got to see his grandmas and grandpa. We spent a week there running all over the place to introduce Hayden to as many people as we could and still didn't have enough time. As Hayden's personal assistant, let me say we will now be taking appointments for his next visit. I mean it...I'm actually going to put it in a planner. It took my little guy 3 days to get back in his groove because of my over-scheduling (novice mom) because he just hasn't figured out how to run on my schedule. Though we did fit in one day of rest because I came down with the flu...don't worry not the H1N1 (swine flu)...just the good old fashioned stomach flu. We also got to try and teach Hayden the color green. We have mainly focused on the color brown since that is what we have the most of here... brown houses, brown bushes, brown dirt, so much brown. It was so green in Kansas it hurt my eyes. He also had a growth spurt while we were there growing almost a pound in a little more than a week. Must be all the fertilizers they use leaching into the water...and then through me...to him. Interesting theory...I'll have to run a few more studies on that one. Anyway, we had a really good time seeing everyone and wish we could do it more often. Though we do have some open floor in the living room of our condo. The invitation is open to those who don't mind a mattress on the floor for a little one-on-one time with Hayden.





No comments:

Post a Comment