Friday, September 3, 2010

Almost Home

To keep you in the loop, we are now working at light speed to finish what feels like an insurmountable project that we took on with this house. My understanding is that nothing ever goes according to plan, takes more time than expected and almost always costs more (except on HGTV where they have magical powers or magical discounts.) I am now into the nesting phase of pregnancy without a nest and trying to keep our current, but not permanent nest running and trying to make the end of summer fun for Hayden. Every time we have a play date at someone else's house, I realize how little I know of toy buying and seem to be depriving (okay, not depriving because let's face it, Hayden does have more than sticks and rocks to play with) Hayden of the enjoyment of childhood via toys. So I go on rampages. We have thus far bought a swing (which will be hung at our new house when my engineering husband has time for that "low priority item.) We have gotten him a tricycle (which he will be given as his own special present when the baby comes home.) And I had to order it online because it didn't occur to me until late August to buy one, but I got him a baby pool (with a shade for those blistering days...next summer). We busted that one out. It took me 3 days to do it, because I couldn't find the little air pump and I was not about to pass out on the back patio blowing this thing up (though Derrick has made me blow up an entire air mattress at 10,000ft altitude while pregnant with just my meager lungs and didn't understand why I couldn't just go to town on this little pool.) However, the feat was accomplished and now we love our new "poo" as Hayden calls it. So here are some cute pictures.
As for the house, cabinets are being finished up today (with exception of a few doors and a panel that have to be reordered), some major painting is being done today and Tuesday, and Derrick will get almost all the tiling finished and doors hung. So we're getting there. I'll post pics of progress after this weekend. Meanwhile, enjoy the Hayden pictures!






Love his fluffy hair in this picture and how much he looks like a little boy.










Pounding an apple juice post-swim. I love his little pursed lips.









Hanging out with BFF, Sadie who faithfully waits on the outside of the pool

1 comment:

  1. Aw Jen, Hayden is SO SO cute! I love those pool pic's. Hang in there...I'm praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete