Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving on Our Own


So we didn't travel back to Kansas this year for Thanksgiving for the first time EVER because with a wee one in the start of cold and flu season, we had to be more cautious. Plus traveling there in itself would be risky so we made our own little Thanksgiving. Hayden enjoyed his "bacon" or turkey as the rest of us call it. Perhaps it was a little to salty. Clare enjoyed her milk. I have a new appreciation for the last 28 Thanksgivings that have been cooked for me as my little version of one (yes I cheated on the turkey by doing a turkey breast roast and the stuffing...I stove topped it but everything else was legitimate) was exhausting to make. Either way, it was quiet. I actually paid attention to the Macy's Day Parade, did some online shopping for Christmas (beats the Black Friday craziness and I got better deals), and read the newspaper that I got from the grocery store...I never, ever take the time to do that. It was very relaxing but we missed family and it definitely didn't taste the same or feel the same this year.





Hayden digging into his "bacon"







Clare taking a post dinner snooze

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious, Jen, and you're so right - it's tiring to prepare all that food, so props to you.

    ReplyDelete