Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When it (t)rains it pours

Haha. Yes we are train addicts here lately. But when you have the opportunity, you have to take it. We were bestowed upon by our friends whom one of them works at BNSF a family night train ride and so last night we boarded up a nice passenger car and rode for about 2 hours. Hayden gorged himself on snacks given out such as Goldfish and fruit roll-ups so by the end of the 2 hours confining him to a seat was a little challenging. Clare, of course, fell asleep halfway through, giving me an excuse to hold a warm cuddly little baby. It was a fun time and a unique experience for us. We traveled through some of the more distinct sights of Albuquerque like Route 66. However, most of the ride's scenery was what can only be described as the shanty towns of Albuquerque. I just live in a bubble. I could not, could not believe what I was seeing were peoples' homes. I was in such shock, I forgot to even take pictures. Some of these people actually had out-houses attached to their homes. Junk lining their yards. Houses crumbling. I don't know whether to be glad or sad that my kids didn't understand what they were seeing. Nonetheless, I went to bed last night with true gratitude in my heart for all that has been given to me. I'm glad I get to do a little through some volunteer work to help those in need. However, I came face-to-face with how big the gap is between the need and its being filled.



Route 66

1 comment:

  1. Love. This. You have an adorable family!!
    Carolyn
    www.cuethebanjo.com

    ReplyDelete