Monday, August 10, 2009

One of my Favorite Parts of the Day

I love bathtime! The splashing, the laughing, and the cutest nakey baby in the whole world. The best part is the end when he's wrapped up in his hooded towel and held in his daddy's strong arms and he gets really silly. I love getting him all worked up right before bed. Despite being really tired most days, not even bathed myself many days, and chores still to do before I can crash, I'm convinced its my own personal reminder from God every night that the dark circles under my eyes and my lack of hygiene is really a blessing. Since most of you won't ever see his bathtime I wanted to share my favorite part of the evening. My heart just about explodes with love everytime I experience it.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my Jen. That is the cutest thing! It just brought such joy to my heart; I can't imagine how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it... Those feelings are hard to explain but you said it perfectly. I feel the same with my kiddos. And the wonderful thing is that no matter how old they get, you will always have those moments that bring you so much joy! Being a mommy is the greatest blessing! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

    ReplyDelete